Sunday, September 23, 2012

Almond Poppy Seed Pancakes W/ Buttermilk Syrup

I just thought i would post a quick recipe.  This will take me a few weeks to get this blog fully up and running.  I havent decided exactly how i want this organized so just bare with the randomness.

Here is an easy Sunday Morning Recipe! * This is not a made from scratch recipe... just a doctored up pancake.  I have a killer scratch pancake batter... but today I'm just posting the best way to have fresh homeade pancakes quick... no one has to know we cheated :)


Almond Poppy Seed Pancakes W/ Buttermilk Syrup:

yields about a dozen pancakes

Follow the directions to your favorite pancake mix.  (We love Krusteaz buttermilk)

ex: For 12 pancakes- 2c. mix 11/3c. water

Add to batter:

2 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. poppy seeds
2 tsp. vanila
2 tsp. baking powder
1 TBL. sugar

mix together till combined.


Buttermilk Syrup:

(i will post this recipe often because it is unbelievable...you will put it on everything....EVERYTHING)

1 cube butter (never ever margarine)

1/2 c. sugar
1/2c. buttermilk

bring to a light boil and boil and whisk for 1 min.

remove from heat add:

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. baking soda.

it'll foam up and be a little frothy!  Yum.



cook up your flap jacks and drizzle this heavenly syrup over them.  I toss a few sliced straberries on top to seal the deal!!  xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment